Monday, August 13, 2007

Photos

For pictures, go here.

Today was a slow day. I woke up early and ate breakfast. My host father has an elder brother who is a pastor in Ghana and lived in the U.S. for seven years during the 1970s. Sometimes he talks like the country hasn't changed since he was there. But that's ok. I didn't mind the '70s. In fact, I should have been born then. I was able to practice a lot, although it's been humid, which makes me lethargic. I got scolded today for not going into town, even though my plans fell through. Ah well, summer can't last forever.

I crave familiar things, the people I love, regular schedules, fresh milk, pancakes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I finally have visited here and am so glad to see all the updates! The pictures are GREAT! I especially like seeing the ones of you, honey.

All my love - coming through cyberspace!!

Mom

P.S. Check you gmail - credit card issues.

Curran said...

Sarah, it makes me so happy to see you are out into the wide open void. It sounds like life is beautiful.

wayne&angi said...

You should have been born in the 60's - that way you could have lived the 70's! We look forward to following your adventure and will check your progress often! We wish you the best! Send Jazz - love to hear all that you do!
Angi & Wayne

Andy said...

Sarah,

Hang in there. Maybe your trip is, in some ways, like a marathon. Sometimes it's exciting and wonderful (miles 1-9). Sometimes you can't believe you actually PAID money to do it (miles 18-23). Sometimes, you just want it to be over (miles 20-25). Sometimes, when you fuel up on water, snacks, and support, you're ready to keep running (the entire race).

You've got some support coming from this side of the Atlantic. Now go get some water and a clif bar...

Love,
Andy