Friday, July 18, 2008

Sometimes you can't make it on your own

Sometimes I don't blog because I feel like there's nothing new. Well, here's some news for you:

Last night, between the hours of midnight and 10 a.m., some individual or group of persons stole the carburetor, air cleaner, spark plugs, and metal plates (parts together valued at approximately $500) from the engine of my Beetle. Now, I am trying to appreciate the absurdity of the situation, but it hurts to laugh. I feel poor, powerless, and absolutely furious. I would go home early, but I don't have the money. Funny.

12 days.

4 comments:

David Reese said...

Sarah,

That sucks. At least you know that your predicament is actually the fault of the fatcats in charge of the global monetary system, whose financial incompetence has made the price of scrap metal rise astronomically, thus creating a market for the metal parts of your beetle.

Please direct your rage, hatred, and sadness towards empire accordingly.

David Reese said...

Also, this is a regular occurrence in my chicago neighborhood. The carbuerator, not the sparkplugs.

Sarah said...

Do we feel better when we know it is the forces of empire beating us down with the blunt end of a hammer?

Maybe just a little bit.

hannah said...

ah dear, I'm sorry. It's a cold world this week.